Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Thursday Stoke!

... at the 11th hour that is..... I'm writing the Thursday stoke at the 11th hour! Whoo hoo!

Tonight I'm stoked about this weekend. Jenny and I are totally going to own a 12-miler for a long run. Well, she'll probably own it and I'll probably just get through it. I have to admit I'm a little anxious. I killed the 10-miler a few weeks ago so what's two more miles... yeahhhhh I'll be fine!

I'm also stoked about the upcoming Boston Marathon. I think it just might be on TV. I'm yet to watch a marathon on TV since I feel like I now kind of got a grasp on understanding the sport of distance running. I will be in Raleigh, North Carolina, the day of the race, but be assured, my DVR will be primed and set just in case I miss it up there. It's an even more exciting stoke knowing that some of you will be either running it or be there in person spectating. Maybe we can watch it from a bar. I wonder if there are any drinking games for watching the Boston Marathon. I think it definitely deserves a beer while watching!

Cheers to Redhead Running (cheering on her man), Running Spike, Run Like a King and Run with Jill who will be at Boston. I look forward to your recaps! If I've left anyone out let me know and I'll be stoked for you too! :-)

4 comments:

  1. Nice work on your ten miler!! You can totally handle twelve miles...I promise:) I am getting excited for Boston too!! I will be cheering for a handful of people as well!! Have a good one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marathon drinking game?! Such a thing SHOULD exist! I'm headed up to Boston to watch, so I'll let you know if any of the locals have devised such a game...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got to see the Boston Marathon in person last year and I swear it gave me a whole new appreciation for this crazy sport of long distance running. There is nothing like it!

    Good luck on the 12!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you can do it! hope ya survived the extra 2 miles ;)

    ReplyDelete