Friday, August 21, 2009

Fluky Friday Flash

<>My phone rang this morning at 6:15 a.m. Yes! 6:15 a.m. people! It was a customer trying to send me a fax. Lucky for him I was inspired by a late night text message from "Helen Keller" saying she was in for a 6 a.m. butt kicking by her trainer, so I was already up, shoes tied and about to head out the door when it rang. I wasn't going to run this morning, but that text message got me motivated and I hashed out an easy 4-miles or what I'd like to think as a warm up for the surfing fest the eastern coast of the U.S.A. is going to experience tonight, tomorrow and Sunday! Thanks "Helen Keller" and I hope you survived your workout! ;-)

<>I took my camera running this morning in the hopes of catching the bats again. My timing was off again (story of my life in more ways than one), however I did catch the most AMAZING sunrise as I was jogging down Riverside Drive. This made carrying the camera worth it!

<>That's it for this week. I've been so busy working that I have no other random ramblings. The only other obvious thing to mention is the approaching Hurricane Bill swell. The storm is lining up perfectly for epic surfing conditions. We're already starting to see the effects as the waves are starting to fill in with size. By this evening it should be fun and tomorrow it could be the swell of the year so to all my surfer buddies out there HAVE A BLAST, GET BARRELED AND BE SAFE!!!!! I'll be heading south to a couple secret sandbars my friends and I have discovered! Stay tuned for what should be a great story and plenty of pictures!

And so it begins...

No comments:

Post a Comment