Monday, July 2, 2012

The Grand Canyon (Day 19) - Simple Day

The following post is from the journal I kept of my recent adventure upon a 21-day private river rafting trip on the Colorado River through the Grand Canyon from Lee's Ferry to Diamond Peak (about 230 miles) that took place between April 18th and May 8th, 2012.

                                                                          May 6, 2012


We're camped at Mile 202. We paddled 20+ miles today. Robert rowed the morning and I rowed the afternoon. It was a good workout. I just realized that we have less than the distance of a marathon to go and I'm stoked! It's comforting to know that I'm capable of running a further distance than what is left in our trip. It's been an amazing journey, but at this point I'm more than ready to end this and get home to my Jenny.
My campsite for tonight

I finished the book, "Hunger Games" this morning while on the boat. I think I read the last 80 pages straight. I want to now see the movie when I get home. The book is an easy and fast read. It's entertaining, but sometimes gets a little dump when the main character goes on and on about her female teenage feelings. I could have done without the insight into a 16-year old female's messed up mind.

Robert, Athena and I are going to hike up the side canyon here in a moment and search for these Native American paintings or pictographs that Tricia has told us about, but for now I'm chilling at my campsite. It's been a long and hot day with a mild hangover from the shenanigans of last night. I'm thankful for the shade I rest in at the moment. Tomorrow will be similar to today as we'll be making many miles. I'm starting to charge my cell phone now with my solar chargers in anticipation of calling Jenny as soon as we hit an area with reception. That's all for now. Time to go explore!

Don't ask...



2 comments:

  1. This site constantly keeps me update about the style industry considering that longer. i'm very fond of your running a blog and reshuffle. you did such a pleasant modern attempt as well as we will that. you must check mine stuffs too. thanksJogo para menina online
    free friv Games
    Games friv online

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found this on internet and it is really very nice.
    An excellent blog.
    Great work!

    ReplyDelete