Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Thursday Stoke!

Obviously, this Floridian is NOT stoked about this:

FML


At least the Max Humidity is down from the 70 % forecast the last time I checked. Dry cold is better than wet cold. In case you haven't figured it out, the above forecast is what they are calling for the Disney Marathon. It starts at about 5:40 a.m. and we'll be there an hour before that standing around trying to stay warm at the coldest part of the day. I am no amused.

However, it is Thursday and I am stoked!

I'm stoked because this race is finally upon me. There's a ton of chatter in several email threads going on and also comments abound on Facebook amongst fellow friends, bloggers and spectators in this race. I'm stoked for all the people I know that will be running, walking or watching come Sunday and while I might be just a little cold, I have a feeling I won't be alone.

Good luck to:

Runners:
Harrison (my good friend and new found running buddy)
Adam (one of my college roommates)
Jessica & Julie (two sisters that are high school friends of mine and are running in honor of their mother who passed away 26 years ago of lymphoma. 26 years and 26 miles)
Lucy (may this creative writer have a amazing race for a creative story! Despite getting sick and not being able to train she's still going for it! Even her FB husband, Bruce Lee, would be impressed)
Spike's Cousin (hopefully he'll be able to finish without aggravating his injury)

Blogger Runners:
Melissa (of I don't Need Excuses)
Marlene (of Mission to a(nother) Marathon)
Christy (of It just looks like slow motion)
Christopher (of Beyond Defeat)
Bailey (of Irish Cream)

Spectators:
The Redhead (of Caution: Redhead Running)
Spike (of Running Spike)
Beth (of Discom-BOB-ulated Running)
Dena
Jenny
Jojoba
Riki
Will
....and anyone else that I've forgot or happens to show up!

Oh, and good luck to the other 24,000 crazy ass running that will be joining us! May everyone meet their goals and finish alive!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to cheer ya'll on and meet everyone!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll see, running in 40 degree weather is THEBEST!

    ReplyDelete