Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Thursday Stoke!

This week I am stoked for the beginning of the Fall season!

Autumn officially began on Tuesday. I am SO ready for all the fun things to be stoked about this Fall. Yup, that's right... in list format 10 reasons I'm stoked for Autumn!

1.) Cooler temperatures. At this point in Florida it's hard to tell it is Fall. Temperatures are still in the 90s F during the day and when wearing work attire it feels like an inferno. I can actually feel myself sweating sometimes while in the water surfing!

2.) With cooler temperatures there won't be a need for running at crazy before dawn hours like last Saturday when Redhead Running and I had a 4 a.m. start to our long run. This means NO MORE RUNNING IN THE DARK! It also means temperatures will be agreeable for evening runs at sunset. I always run better in the afternoon as I'm NOT a morning person no matter how hard I try!

3.) Earlier sunrise, which means more time to surf at dawn before work and before they open the beach to traffic. Yes, the water will be colder (I hate wetsuits), but the lineup will be less crowded with beginners, weekend warriors and out-of-towners (trying to be nice to the O-town kooks! LOL)

4.) Grass grows slower. I'll only have to mow my yard two or three times all winter instead of once a week in the summer!

5.) Birthdays, Birthdays, Birthdays! Within a week's period in October seven of my friends including myself celebrate birthdays! Happy Birthday to Morgan, Landy, Jeanie, Melissa, Riki, Jess and ME!

6.) Halloween! One of my favorite holidays. I've got a great group of friends and we usually dress up in some kind of theme. Last year we were hippies from the movie Easy Rider. This year I'm really excited because I'll be entering a Halloween surfing contest, but you'll just have to wait and see what I dress up and attempt to surf as....

7.) Races galore! 5Ks, 10Ks, 15Ks, 4-milers, Half Marathons and Marathons... they're everywhere! I'm already registered for the Daytona Half Marathon on Nov. 1st and the Disney Marathon on Jan. 10th. I hope to throw in a healthy mix of the others hopefully with a few running friends!

8.) Football... need I say more?

9.) Bigger waves. October always has good surf in store for east Florida!

10.) And finally I'm stoked for my dog, Tucker! While I hate cold weather (unless it involves a snowball fight, snowboarding or bonfire on the beach), my dog absolutely loves the cold. He's half lab and half poodle and he'll sit outside all day and sniff the cold wind.


Have a fun weekend everyone! 104 Days until Disney Marathon!

2 comments:

  1. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I get to SEE Fall in 14 more days! I will bring you back some leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it was up to me, there'd only be two seasons: Fall and Winter. Good surf and light crowds.

    ReplyDelete