Thursday, July 9, 2009

Lost in corn fields

Hello from MinneSOTA!

I arrived last night without any major drama from the airlines. THANK YOU American Airlines for NOT screwing me over for a change!

Two things:

1.) I read an entire book between my two flights yesterday. It's called Soul Surfer and I picked it up used for $5 in a bookstore in Portland a few weeks back, but just got around to reading it. It's basically written by Bethany Hamilton, who is 14 years old at the time, and tells the story of her arm being completely bitten off by a tiger shark in Hawaii while surfing. It's a super easy read and she obviously had help writing it, but I highly recommend it to everyone. She is deeply religious. I am not so much, but her story is an inspiration to me.
2.) I went for a 4 mile run this morning... Minnesota style. I'm apparently really out in the sticks! All I saw were cornfields, barns (usually white or red), cows, horses and ummm... more cornfields. I'm sure this is boring to your average local around here, but it was super exciting to this Florida boy. The temperature was about 65 degrees and I was full of energy! I took along my camera and I'll post some pictures when I have more time. Oh yeah, and there were HILLS!

Ok, I'm off to do "wedding things." Until the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment