Sunday, May 23, 2010

Bay to Breakers 2010! (Recap, the PHOTOS)

If you did NOT read the story behind the pictures then read it HERE.

If you've read the story, here's the photos and I have to warn you; there are many and they are extremely random!


A visit to Haight-Ashbury and the district's hippie thrift stores after a few beers and this is what we come up with...

My 6 a.m. Pre-Race hydration kit. . .


Walking to the corrals at about 7 a.m. . .

Has anyone seen corral C because we're hydrated in all the wrong ways and ready to kick arse!

The beginning of corral C and exactly what I needed to kill some time -- Tetris shapes!

I have no idea what is going on at this point and neither does Brandon. . .

The thousands of tortillas that were thrown around for the half hour or so wait before the race start. Why? Ummmm why not, I guess?


In this picture we have a little bit of everything. You can see that both the caveman and Robin Hood are eagerly awaiting the slow walk to the start line. There's a very happy looking Asian woman and a scary one, but what is the woman on the far right doing to that... is that a small child????

Can we start running yet? Wait.... did I put on deodorant this morning??? Probably not. . .


Time to run....

Ninjas and Vikings and a pirate all in the same picture oh my!


Two pothead guys asked me to take a picture of their stash as I was waiting in the bathroom line at Mile 1. Mind you... this is in the middle of the road in the middle of San Francisco!


The funniest thing I saw the entire race - people dressed up as Salmon trying to go against the flow of the crowd...


Looks like some of the South even found the way to San Francisco....

One way to keep other runners from getting too close...

Running up the Hayes Street Hill....


Look down from a top the Hayes Street Hill...


A giant carrot. Why not?


A naked guy carrying a purse and running in what a friend called "Jesus sandals." Not cool.


A random waterfall in San Francisco? Who knew?


More naked people and they even have balloons. . .


And finally... the breakers!



My cousin and I just after crossing the finish line. . .

The last few pictures are some I snapped on the way out of town later that day. Here's the Rock.
A random San Francisco neighborhood hill...


Needs no introduction. . .

Good bye San Francisco! I shall return next year!




6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, what a fun race report:) Woo hoo for corral C, way to kick some arse!! You posted so many awesome pictures! I love San Fran and am going in July...I can't wait:) This was a great read! Thanks for the entertainment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great pics. Bay to breakers looks like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those socks are scary cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is the race that ING is pulling out of next year cause of all the shenanigans, right? I think I see why! Looks insane (but fun)!

    Great pics of the city!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete