Friday, January 15, 2010

Stokin' Friday

Because I totally missed The Thursday Stoke due to my insanely long Disney Marathon Recap (part II) yesterday I hearby proclaim today Stokin' Friday!

I'm stoked for all this swag I got at the Disney Marathon Expo last Saturday before the race. It was my first big race expo and can I just say it kicked arse!

First off there was all the free stuff I got in my race packet goody bag and some additional stuff just by talking to venders. For example: I struck up a conversation with the Merrell people and told them how much their Merrell Chameleons that I own rocked for my feet in the Grand Canyon and the trailing running in Oregon. We also joked about how if Bear Grylls wears them they must be awesome and they gave me a really cool free T-shirt! Here's the free loot I scored!


Then there was the discounted swag...


That's right folks. Those are new Brooks Adrenaline running shoes. I've probably smelled them 10 times in the past week as they are sitting there in my closet almost daring me to go for a run instead of resting and healing! I've finally gotten myself into a place where I can alternate running shoes (with the Acsics 2150s) once I start running again. I also purchased a Stick, which I've incorporated into my morning stretching routine. I actually used the SpiBelt during the race to bring along my cell phone and hold my bib number. It worked well, but I noticed a bit of condensation or moisture on my phone the one time I did use it so not sure if this device will have any useful purpose during the heat of summer in Florida, besides I don't plan on running slow enough to need to carry a bunch of crap with me in the future! hehe... Oh and the orange reflective safety vest? D bought Harrison and I both one. She's very thoughtful and wants us to be safe. I might actually use this when I find myself running before dawn on busy streets (for instance a relay race).

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. It's looking like the high will be 75 degrees here tomorrow. Why O Why in the hell could the Disney Marathon NOT been this weekend? Oh well, I think it's time I get back in the water and catch a wave or two!

3 comments:

  1. Nice loot! I have a Stick too and LOVE it!! Have a great weekend! Enjoy the warm weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah the swag was great! i liked the shirt a lot. so many times race shirts have like 5000 logos all over them.

    whats your next race?

    great disney recaps by the way! laughed out loud a few times at the bathroom stuff. so true on pre-race.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My girlfriend and I are planning to do the Rock n Roll Marathon in Seattle in June. That should give me time to heal up and properly train for and actually 'run' a marathon! Before that I'll probably do a Muddy Buddy and I'm also considering Bay To Breakers in San Fran in May. Thanks for reading... both of ya'll!

    ReplyDelete